Good Morning! Welcome to our daily briefing for Sunday 24 February 2013.
* No Dangerous Weather Warnings in western Europe.
* Very busy at Channel ports today at end of school holidays. Listen to UK Ambassador to France’s radio show – see below.
* For live traffic information in France click here. Currently one lane closure on A26 at LABOURSE, both directions, on-going roadworks.
* Snow shuts fast lane on most motorways in Belgium.
For breaking news please see our Twitter feed @DriveEurope.
Dangerous Weather expected in north eastern Serbia – high winds.
Potentially Dangerous Weather: on Spain’s north coast and along border with France (Pyrenees) – snow and low temperatures.
The whole of northern Italy – snow storms and high winds – and eastern Austria.
Montenegro – high winds and storms.
Winter sports – for the latest BBC forecast click here.
Figures from end of play Friday 22 February. Indicative ‘travel money’ rates from BBC. Guide only.
£1 buys €1.1300 – €1 is 88.5p – €5 is £4.42.
You get more Euros per Pound than Thursday 21 February. For other currencies click here.
CROSSING THE CHANNEL
As of 09:30 GMT, services running well. For the latest BBC Ferry Travel News click here.
* The Foreign Office tweeted on Friday: ‘Calais will be busy this weekend. Don’t arrive early for your trip back to UK by ferry/ shuttle, you’ll just wait!’
* The UK Ambassador to France Sir Peter Ricketts will be on French motorway radio on 107.7fm at 10:40 and 15:40 on Sunday with tips for drivers in English. Follow @UKinFrance on Twitter for the latest, or see official information here and here.
* Passengers on 13:30 TransEuropa Ferries Ramsgate-Ostend should phone 01843 595522 for a sailing update. A technical problem has been affected services this week.
* Travelling to the Channel ports? See @Burger_Ferry for the latest at Dover. See @M25_traffic or @TravelNewsSouth for the latest on the roads.
For the latest updates by operator click links below:
For live traffic information in the following countries click the links below:
The Automobile Club of Luxembourg provides a run down of planned major traffic events here (French only).
Google Maps includes live traffic information on all western European countries.