Good Morning! Welcome to our daily briefing for Saturday 23 February 2013.
* Dangerous Weather Warnings for eastern Austria & north east Serbia.
* Severe Weather Warnings for many other countries.
* Foreign Office warns about ferry port queues after half-term holidays. For live traffic information in France click here.
For breaking news please see our Twitter feed @DriveEurope.
Dangerous Weather expected in eastern Austria – snow – and north eastern Serbia – high winds.
Potentially Dangerous Weather: many coastal areas will be hit by storms, high winds and rain including Spain, Portugal and Poland.
Athens was hit by flash floods on Friday.
Agenzia Italia warned yesterday about snow storms in Veneto, north east Italy, around Venice, starting Saturday afternoon.
Winter sports – for the latest BBC forecast click here.
Figures from end of play Friday 22 February. Indicative ‘travel money’ rates from BBC. Guide only.
£1 buys €1.1300 – €1 is 88.5p – €5 is £4.42.
You get more Euros per Pound than yesterday. For other currencies click here.
CROSSING THE CHANNEL
As of 07:30 GMT, services running well. For the latest BBC Ferry Travel News click here.
* Passengers on 13:30 TransEuropa Ferries Ramsgate-Ostend should phone 01843 595522 for a sailing update. A technical problem has been affected services this week.
* The Foreign Office warns about queues at ferry ports as holidaymakers return from half-term holidays: ‘Calais will be busy this weekend. Don’t arrive early for your trip back to UK by ferry/ shuttle, you’ll just wait!’ UKinFrance tweeted on Friday.
* P&O warns about roadwork delays on the A63 at Myton Bridge, Hull.
* Travelling to the Channel ports? See @Burger_Ferry for the latest at Dover. See @trafficM25, @M25_traffic or @TravelNewsSouth for the latest on the roads.
For the latest updates by operator click links below:
For live traffic information in the following countries click the links below:
The Automobile Club of Luxembourg provides a run down of planned major traffic events here (French only).
Google Maps includes live traffic information on all western European countries.